I am fortunate to have a background rich in the cultures of both Argentina and the United States. I was born in Pennsylvania, USA, to an Argentine mother and an American father. When I was eight, Argentina became my home for the next 20 years. I attended college in Argentina, where I studied medicine, took secretarial training and graduated as a teacher of English and Spanish.
Professionally, I have been privileged to work as part of a team with others:
- reviewing the ASTM Standard for Quality Assurance in Translation
- as a leader of The Savvy Newcomer, a blog for newcomers to the translation and interpreting professions
- launching the Oregon Society of Translators and Interpreters
- launching Cuatro Mosqueteras, a team of a team of translation professionals working to improve Spanish writing in the United States
To hear an interview aired on NPR that expresses my views on the issues in interpreting, click here.
To learn more about me, read my profile in Translation Journal.
- American Translators Association
Certified Translator from Spanish into English #438552
- Washington State DSHS
Fully Certified Document Translator from English into Spanish
Click here to see a comparison of translation certifications available in the Pacific Northwest.
- Oregon Certified Court Interpreter
Certification Number 13834 – Spanish
Oregon Judicial Department
- Spanish Certified Healthcare Interpreter, CCHI
- Oregon Certified Health Care Interpreter
- Licensed Lead Trainer for The Community Interpreter
Click here to see a comparison of interpreting certifications in the United States.
|English to Spanish||Spanish to English|
On-site consecutive and sight translation in healthcare settings
Selected Simultaneous Interpreting Experience
- Simultaneous interpreting from booth for Willow Creek training event, 3 days
- Simultaneous interpreting for convention in Chicago
- Cosmetic industry convention in Portland
- Medical convention in Vancouver, BC
- Christmas Tree export business convention hosted by NAPPO
- Interpreting for school district public meetings
- National convention on healthcare for migrant workers, Portland, Oregon
- Specialty Coffee Association of America convention in Portland